Pictures from the commemoration of the veterans from the War of 1812. Over the course of the month of September the Fort Erie Heritage Group held 4 separate occasions where 1812 Veterans were acknowledged and commemorated. The W.M., W. Bro. Matthew Stickland with Officers and members of Palmer Lodge and other Lodges of the District attended the ceremony at St. Paul’s Anglican Church cemetery to acknowledge and remember Bro. Lewis Palmer, after whom Palmer Lodge # 372 is named. The photo seen held in some of these pictures, is of Bro. Lewis Palmer, and the only known picture to exist of a veteran from Fort Erie area.
Palmer Lodge will present a copy of the picture and a full setting of Palmer Lodge table ware to both the Heritage Group and the Legion Branch # 71, Fort Erie.
More information about the 1812 War Graves Project can be found here – http://1812veterans.ca/en/index.php